Tuesday, April 10, 2012

40 Days

40 days... you can do a lot in 40 days. A few weeks ago, Air1 started their 40 days of service, a project where they want people to help in their community or in any way they can for 40 days to try to make a difference somehow. I thought this concept was interesting but didn't really think of it beyond that. At the time, I was trying to figure what I was going to do as far as a job. I didn't get the job I was hoping to get and really had nowhere to go from there. So I started looking into hobbies and starting a business or just about anything I am interested in. I decided to look at Reddit for some help and motivation. While on my search through sub-reddits I found the 40 Day Challenge. The point of it was to try to accomplish something in 40 days. So that got me thinking again about the 40 days to do something. I finally came up that I would try to get a job, start a business, or at least have a plan for what I am going to do with work in 40 days. 

It is now day 10 of the challenge. I have pretty much given up on the computer field. I would hate to waste the degree I got in Computer Science but I just can see myself doing that now. So I moved on to my next hobby, Photography. I started looking into starting a business and the skills you need. Well I found I have a lot of room to improve. But I’m not letting that hold me back, I picked up a photography book and have been watching a series on portfolio critiques. 

My next step is to continue learning and to find the type of photography I like. I'm not much of a people person so I would think portraits are out of the picture, get it... out of the picture.... anyways my that is my current challenge. If photography doesn't work out then I don't know where I go from here. I still have 30 days to find out so let’s see where this takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment