Wednesday, June 6, 2012

48 Days: Jobs

Hello Everyone!

The last few days I've had to think about jobs and skills and things like that. It also talked about resumes. It explained how to write a better resume and how to use certain words to make things sound better. Instead of a cashier you can be a customer service and sales representative, it's pretty much what you are but it sounds better on a resume. As I said before my main problem is coming up with the things I like to do and match them with jobs. I have come up with a few ideas but I'm not sure how to make any of them work. I will talk about one of them after the questions.

1. Do you understand your areas of competence?
Yes, It's just thinking of them off the top of my head. If someone asked me can you do this I would know, It's just trying to think of them that I have a problem with.

2. Do you feel trapped because of your current or past work experience?
I don't feel trapped from the work I have done, it's more the lack of work. Everything I look at asked for work experience and I don't have any in the fields I would want to move into. There aren't a lot of entry level jobs in the areas that I like. Although there may be more if I know how to find them, which he will talk about in a chapter or two.

3. Do you recognize how easily your abilities may transfer to a new industry or profession?
Many of the basic skills I have can transfer anywhere. I have customer service skills from working at vista and those are skills that can be used at any job. Even if you don't deal with customers they can help you deal with people in general.

4. Can you see value in those things you may have done as a volunteer through your church or community?
Yes, There have been many experiences from youth group and Boy Scouts that I have taken something from. When helping out around the community you also pick up skills from the work you are doing or you could learn something from the people you are working with.

5. Are there skills or training you need to make you a candidate for the work you love?
I think business training would help me the most. I really don't know how business work or the laws and rules around them.

6. Has God given you abilities that do not match your desires? If you how can you reconcile those?
There are probably a bunch of abilities that I have that I wouldn't use for work. They are good for the rest of life. It's always good to have a lot of skills even if there not ones you use often. Maybe your a good mechanic but you don't want to be one. If your or a friend's car breaks then you would probably be able to fix it. Just because a skill doesn't relate to work doesn't mean it's useless.

I recently started playing airsoft and I really enjoy playing it. A few days ago I came up with the idea of starting an airsoft field. I have been thinking about how it would all work, things I could do, prices for things. The only problem is money. I would have to buy the land, then build some buildings, supplies for the field, buying rental guns, and some other things. As you can see that would add up to a decent amount of money, money I don't have. This is one of the first ideas I have gotten really excited about and it's kind of sad to see that it's not possible right now due to money. That dosen't mean I am giving up on the idea, I still REALLY want to do this, I just need to find a way. I made a poll on facebook, if everyone would vote on it that would be great! If you have no opinion either way then you don't have to, but if you do then please vote!
https://www.facebook.com/questions/10151166988404535/

No comments:

Post a Comment