Thursday, May 24, 2012

48 Days: Change Pt. 2

Today is an only question day! Nothing to read today just some questions to answer, so here they are!

1. Respond to the statement, "All progress requires change, but not all change is progress."
You can't get anywhere without change, even in the simplest of things. If you want to get out of bed in the morning, you have to change from laying down to standing up. I think that's a very simple explanation but it shows that everything required change. This is a little extreme example of how not all change is progress but anyways. Say, you own a business, you decide that to come into your store customers have to pay $20 at the door. That is a change to your business but it will also destroy your business, I don't know anyone that would pay money just to go in a store. I know that's something that would probably never happen but it shows the point, well actually they have pay bathrooms in cities and stuff, but that's different.

2. What statement describes your career path so far?
I don't really know how to describe it. I had a couple jobs for a short time and I've been with my current job for about 4 years now.

3. How has a company change affected you? How did it make you feel?
It can be annoying at first but then you get used to it. The only one I can think of that can still be a bit annoying is how they angled the registers, its hard to get a cart into them if your coming the other direction and the cashier is trapped on the last one, you have to squeeze behind the soda cooler to get out. I've been able to deal with them all the just get a bit annoying sometimes.

4. Have you experienced any "failure" in your career? If so, what did it lead to?
The only failure I can think of at the moment is being short money at the service desk. There have been a couple times it's happened. All they do is not let you work at the service desk for a few weeks and try to figure out how you messed up.

5. What were your childhood goals and ambitions for life? Which ones have you been able to fulfill?
This is a tough one! I can remember that the jobs I wanted as a child where an architect, roller coaster designer, scientist, or landscape designer (mainly water features, rivers, ponds, fountains, etc). I wanted to learn how to ski, which I have accomplished. I can't really think of any real goals I had, although I think that I wanted to invent something, I didn't care what, I just wanted to invent something.

6. Who are 2 or 3 people you know who seem to have accomplished their dreams? What do you remember about their accomplishments?
I can't think of anyone I know that has done that. Most everyone I went to school with are either in college, that military, or working some other job. I'm sure plenty of people I know have accomplished their dreams but I can't think of anything that stands out, or maybe they never mentioned it.

7. What do you imagine your retirement will be like?
I would like to be able to travel around, go skiing in the winters, and just enjoy life without having to have a job to worry about. Have a nice peacefulness cabin up in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment