Monday, May 21, 2012

48 Days

Hello everyone!

As I mentioned in my last post I was going to read the book 48 Days To The Work You Love. Well last Saturday we went to Lexington Mass. for a youth leaders conference, which was great, after we decided to shop around and we came across a Barnes and Nobel. I found the book there and decided to buy it.

Today is my first day of reading it. The book is broken down over 48 days, each day there is an assignment. They are all things like read a chapter, answer some questions, make a plan, make a list, ask some people something, etc. Today's was to read over the schedule and to read the introduction.

From the intro and schedule, it seems it will be a very helpful book. A lot of what he says is things I've thought of or wanted to learn and he make some very good points. Another thing he mentioned in the beginning was a few tips to keep in mind while doing this. The first is to talk to everyone and let people know what you're doing. That is why I am going to try to blog about it every day, maybe not every day but whenever something interesting comes up. Most of the people I know I don't see often so posting this online is the best way to let people know. Another thing he said to do it to write out the answers of the questions and not just think about them, if you write them down they stick more than just thinking about them. I don't like writing so I figured I could answer them here. Also that way I could get some feedback on what I'm thinking.

Well that is all I have for now. I hope this book really works out and helps me find something I would enjoy doing. I will see you here again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment