Thursday, May 17, 2012

Work and Running

Hello Everyone!
I know it's a few days late but here I am anyways! I guess I will start with work.
I'm not sure if any of you have heard of Dave Ramsey, but Amy and I took his Financial Peace University classes a month or so ago and leaned a LOT! He has great advice when it comes to money and how to spend it. Of all the 13 lessons only one was on making money, the rest were on spending it wisely and how to save, give, etc. I really got a lot out of the class but the only problem is that I really don't have the money to do anything because I only have a part time job.

As you all probably know I've been job hunting but I haven't had any luck yet. That's when I came up with the photography idea but didn't have much luck with that as you can see from my last blog. I went back to Dave's site to see if he had any good tips or info there. I found some stuff but forgot about it by the next day. Then the other day Amy was listening to one of his CDs we got from the class. She then reminded me about one of the books that Dave recommends. So we looked into it and found his top recommended books for jobs. I checked them out and decided that there were four I thought could help and want to read. They are, 48 Days to the Work You Love, Quitter, The Power of Who, and EntreLeadership. I'm most likely going to start with Quitter. I read the sample on my Kindle last night and it sounds good. I want to actually buy 48 Days because it has things in it you need to fill out and check off so it wouldn't work as well on the Kindle. The other two I will check out once I'm done with these.

I will still be searching for jobs but hopefully these books will help me find something that I've been missing or give me some business ideas. Another thing that Dave said on his site is that you already know what you love to do, you don't have to go out in discover something new, you have just forgotten about it or are too busy to do it.

Well that is all for work related things as of now so on to running! The other day Amy, Julia, Connor, and I decided to go walking down the WOW Trail. We were talking how we don't really work out and we have been wanting to go hiking for a couple years now. Connor decided to challenge us to run every day and that he wouldn't stop bugging us till we did.

I was lazy the first few days but decided to go for it today. I think I might have overdone it for the first day but oh well it felt good! I ran 2.32 miles in about 40 minutes. My legs hurt while doing it but i feel fine now that I have rested for a bit and could probably do it again! I might actually go for a walk later. Now I will try to run more. I'm sure I won't do it every day but I'm going to try to as much as I can. Hopefully this summer we will go hiking a lot, we will have to go at least once or twice!

That is all for now, See you all soon! Bye! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment